top of page

ITIN Application

At Herrera Tax Solutions, we specialize in obtaining an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) for non-residents of the United States of America (USA).

The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) issues ITINs to individuals who are required to have a US taxpayer identification number but who do not have (or are not eligible to obtain) a Social Security Number (SSN) from the Social Security Administration (SSA). Get an ITIN number here!

Do I need an ITIN?

ITIN Application.jpg

Does the following apply to you?

  1. You do not have an SSN and are not eligible to obtain one, and

  2. You have a requirement to furnish a federal tax identification number or file a federal tax return, and

  3. You are in one of the following categories:

    • Nonresident alien who is required to file a U.S. tax return

    • U.S. resident alien who is (based on days present in the United States) filing a U.S. tax return

    • Dependent or spouse of a U.S. citizen/resident alien

    • Dependent or spouse of a nonresident alien visa holder

    • Nonresident alien claiming a tax treaty benefit

    • Nonresident alien student, professor or researcher filing a U.S. tax return or claiming an exception

   If so, then you must apply for an ITIN.

bottom of page